Mold Inspection In Homes & Businesses
Having a mold inspection is the first and most critical tool for detecting hidden mold problems or conditions, such as direct or indirect moisture issues, that could lead to hidden mold growth. Often times, there are issues with water intrusion that are usually hidden and can only be observed with special equipment. The Mold Girl may provide a comprehensive visual inspection of the property to determine whether there are situations that could lead to microbial growth.
We check all walls for hidden moisture, take temperature and humidity measurements all through the property, pay close attention to rooms with plumbing, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms, and check the HVAC system for visible mold growth. This will help us to identify the issue(s) that are taking place in order to identify the next steps to solve the problem.
- Initial phone interview is done to gather information for onsite mold inspection.
- A secondary interview is done onsite with client to gather more detailed information on occupants and building history.
- Mold inspectors perform inspection of the property top to bottom and interior and exterior to understand the entire extent of moisture-related issues.
- Moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras, and other testing instruments are used to determine the extent of damage and test hypothesis.
- Photos or taken of findings and general overall conditions of areas inspected.
- Samples taken are sent to independent 3rd third party lab for analysis.
- Results from the lab are reviewed and report is written based on all data gathered to correct any issues.
- Recommendations for remediation contractors can be made upon request.
- Post remediation verification is completed once the mold remediation protocol is done.
- If post-inspection passes a certificate of Successful Remediation is issued to all parties.
Have you been worried about the discovery of mold in your South Carolina property? The Mold Girl is here to help you out. We have a team of investigators who will help you verify that mold is present!
The appearance of mold in households, educational institutions, and businesses is of growing concern in Florida. Mold continues to grow on practically any organic material, whether in food, carpet, lumber or paper.
In order to thrive, the mold requires only three key ingredients: food, dampness and ideal temperature. So any time there's a water intrusion, whether it's a slight plumbing leak or a significant flood that wasn't dry, there's a high possibility of mold growth.
Mold can cause serious health problems that range from:
- Itchy eyes
- Serious allergic reactions
- Asthma attacks
- Permanent lung damage.
In particular, mold can cause significant aesthetic and architectural destruction to construction materials and other personal property. Indoor mold formation can also have a negative impact on indoor air quality and present some health hazards to occupants.
Sometimes, mold is produced in areas where there is little lighting and a lot of condensation. In several cases, these spaces are not easily visible and are not frequently cleaned. This helps the mold to expand undiscovered and unregulated.
If you begin to notice a moldy, musty smell, feel assured that the mold has spread to harmful degrees. And every day that it remains unmonitored, the main issue will only get worse. So, if you have reason to believe that mold is continuing to grow in your property, act quickly.
The keys to successful mold reduction are mold preparation and inspection. In most cases, assessments and inspections work next to one another and with each other. There are, however, cases in which certain questions can be addressed with one or the other.