Odor Inspection & Testing In
What is that smell? Are you driving yourself crazy with an odor in your home that simply will not go away? If this sounds like you, please know that while you may feel like you are going crazy, chances are you are not, and we are here to help. Most odors come from what is known as VOC's or volatile organic compounds. They are the smell you notice when you paint a room or light a candle and can be identified through a series of tests for specific chemical compounds. You may now be saying well paint, and candles are easy to identify, but what I am experiencing is a low-level odor that is sometimes present, and then all of a sudden disappears. Don't worry; we understand that an odor is sometimes just like a doctor's visit in that as soon as we arrive, the issue is no longer present. Rest assure that if testing is completed correctly, then it will still pick up the compounds that are lingering in the air even if the odor is not present.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Are Called
1) Construction was completed on a home, or a renovation is now done, and the "new home smell" does not appear to be going away.
2) One area of your home smells markedly different than all of the other areas.
3) A homeowner is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as headaches or throat irritation.
4) A homeowner suspects mold growth in the home as there is a "damp and musty smell"; however, no visible fungal growth is present.
6) It is that time of year again when the HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time, and a homeowner notices an awful smell from their ductwork.
7) A homeowner notices a smell in their home that they simply cannot find a cause of or any visible clues. Nothing new has come in the house, and no new event triggered the odor.
8) A vehicle has an odor that never went away and is driving you crazy. You have sniffed every piece of carpeting in the car but cannot find an explanation.
9) A new baby is coming home or a relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions that require a clean space.
10) You recently moved into a home with an odor that no amount of cleaning can get rid of.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Are Called Company In
1) Any testing should come with a thorough inspection of the property making "Do you assess the property during the testing?" our number one question. Without an assessment, the testing will give answers pointing in no real direction.
2) What type of odor testing do you use, and will you interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to cover certifications and years of experience in the field. A good inspector will not only be happy to answer these questions, but glad you did.
4) What do we do once we have the results of the testing? Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor.
5) Will all surrounding areas of the "problem area" be inspected, or are you limiting your inspection to the direct area? This is very important in odor inspection as often the odor presents itself in an opposite place than where it originates.
6) What if we do not find the cause with the first round of testing? A good inspector should be able to answer this and NOT be willing to assure you 100% that the source will be detected on the first inspection. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of.
7) What is the turnaround time for the lab results?
8) If the odor source is confirmed, does the inspector have a company or companies they can refer to do the work? Often the assessor will be able to put you in touch with multiple companies that have completed the same scope of work on previous occasions.
9) Will you provide us with more than one option for remediation should the source of the odor be found? Often there are multiple ways to rid a home of an odor depending on the source. Knowing this is helpful to most homeowners so they do not feel "stuck in a box" with only one solution that may or may not fit their budget.
10) Please tell me I am not crazy? While this may seem silly, odors often do make people feel like they are losing it. When asking your assessor this, they should be able to put you at ease by explaining the psychology and different environmental factors that influence how odors and smells are perceived.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing CompanyNear Me Is The Mold Girl!
The Mold Girl maintains a reputation for integrity and transparency in our odor inspections. With years of experience in helping homeowners just like you, you can rest easy knowing that we will use the latest technology, the best care, and the most thorough procedures in the industry on each and every job. Our job starts the minute we answer the phone and does not end until we have helped you reach your desired goals. Our certifications for both our assessors and laboratories are only the first step in assuring customer satisfaction.