Odor Inspection & Testing In Port Royal, SC
What is that smell? Are you driving yourself crazy with an odor in your home that simply will not go away? If this sounds like you, please know that while you may feel like you are going crazy, chances are you are not, and we are here to help. Most odors come from what is known as VOC's or volatile organic compounds. They are the smell you notice when you paint a room or light a candle and can be identified through a series of tests for specific chemical compounds. You may now be saying well paint, and candles are easy to identify, but what I am experiencing is a low-level odor that is sometimes present, and then all of a sudden disappears. Don't worry; we understand that an odor is sometimes just like a doctor's visit in that as soon as we arrive, the issue is no longer present. Rest assure that if testing is completed correctly, then it will still pick up the compounds that are lingering in the air even if the odor is not present.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Port Royal, SC Are Called
1) There was recent water damage, and you think you cleaned it up and dried everything; however, you are now noticing a funny smell coming from the affected area.
2) You recently moved into a home and have noticed that what you thought was the "new home smell" does not seem to be going away or is adversely affecting your health.
3) An addition was placed on the home, and new products such as flooring and insulation were used that have caused an odor that seems to linger.
4) You notice that one room has a different smell than the other rooms in the house, and keeping the door shut is not working anymore.
5) There was fire damage in your home, which was successfully cleaned; however, during hot months, you notice the smell return.
6) You notice an odor coming from under your home that was not present before.
7) On hot days a homeowner may notice an odor that comes and goes with the higher temperatures. This is likely caused by a product reaching the desired indoor condition causing it to off-gas.
8) You do not smell anything per se; however, you notice symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue when you enter a room or specif area of the home.
9) A relative or friend comes to visit and notices a funny smell in the room that they are staying in. You never used us it except for when company comes over and find that yes, it does smell odd.
10) A technician has already come over and confirmed that there is not a gas leak; however, the odor will not go away. You know something is not right.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Port Royal, SC Are Called Company In Port Royal, SC
1) "Do you assess the property during the testing?" is our tope question that a homeowner should be asking. Along with the testing, the affected and surrounding areas should be checked from top to bottom, making a note of conditions and materials.
2) What specific type of testing media will they use, and will they interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to have your inspector supply certifications and years of experience testing odors. Odors are a difficult thing to test for, and the more experience your assessor has, the better they will be able to assist you.
4) Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor once it has been identified when the labs come in? This is very important as the results are no good without knowing what to do with them.
5) Do I need to do anything before the testing takes place, such as close windows and doors or unplug air fresheners? You would be surprised at how many people forget that they have tried to mask the odor, and this can through off lab results.
6) Is there a possibility that we will not find the source in the first round of testing? Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. While it is not very often, some times, testing has to be completed one or two times or the methodology has to be changed to get accurate results.
7) When will we receive the lab results, and how will we receive them? Often test results for odors can take multiple days for the results.
8) Once the odor source is found, does the assessor have a company or companies they can refer to fix the issue?
9) Once the source is found, will there be more than one option to fix it? Often the answer is YES, and you want to make sure that you have all of the options.
10) Why can I smell the odor, and others don't? This is the question that often drives homeowners crazy as they feel like they are the only ones. The assessor should be able to explain that everyone has different olfactory glands, and while some people are driven INSANE with an odor, others simply will not notice it.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing Company Near Me Is !
If an odor has been driving you crazy for some time and you finally have had enough of it, you want to make sure that the company you call is qualified to address your concerns properly. We at pride ourselves in not only our years of experience in the field of odor investigation but the technology and education we provide on each and every job. We at start every job with a thorough questionnaire and never leave until every question has been answered, the source uncovered, and a plan of remediation has been outlined.