Odor Inspection & Testing In Orangeburg, SC
Is your home smelling a tad less than fresh at the moment? Don't worry; we are here to help. It is a common saying in the indoor air quality world that "your home should not smell like apple pie unless you just finished backing one, and if it smells any different than nothing, something is wrong." From good odors to bad odors, the fact of the matter is that a home with optimal indoor air quality should smell like virtually NOTHING. If you are smelling something in your home than that, it is most likely what we call a VOC or MVOC, which are fancy terms for a product emitting compounds due to indoor conditions. While some VOC's have little to no effect on the indoor air quality, others can genuinely affect the air you breathe and indicate a more significant hidden issue. If you are a homeowner that is noticing something just doesn't smell right; it is better to get it inspected and tested as this may just prevent exposure and prolonged damage from a potential issue.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Orangeburg, SC Are Called
1) A recent water damage occurred in your home, and you immediately dried all but are now noticing a "musty odor in the area". You have checked everything, and there is no visible mold present.
2) An addition or renovation was completed, and now a "new smell" has come with your "new space."
3) A particular room or area in your home smells different than all of the other rooms. You have tried to close the door and ignore, but it is simply not helping.
4) A homeowner or tenant is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as fatigue or eye and nose irritation.
5) A homeowner suspects fungal growth in the home as there is a musty odor"; however, no water damage or mold can be found.
6) The HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time and wow, you notice a new odor. Your system has been serviced; however, something still is not right.
7) A fire damage occurred in your home some time ago, and every so often, you notice a faint smell of it. You are wondering if all was cleaned properly.
8) A relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions requiring a clean space or, perhaps, they are chemically sensitive.
10) You have a rental home or space that is not used often, however, when you go in it for the first time, you notice a "musty odor" that is not simply due to the age of the home.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Orangeburg, SC Are Called Company In Orangeburg, SC
1) Will you be only inspecting the area of the odor, or will you check the rest of the home as well? This is an important question as often; the source of the odor is not located where you smell it the most.
2) What specific testing do you use, and how much does it test for? This is very important, and the assessor should ask you what type of odor you smell before even answering.
3) What certifications do you hold, and is the lab you use certified? Your accessor should be more than willing to answer these questions for you and even talk about one or more of the projects they have recently worked on.
4) What do we do once we have the results? Once the results are in, you should not be merely handed them. All information should be put together in a report for the homeowner identifying the source and developing a plan to remove the odor or "remediate it."
5) Do you check other environmental conditions in the home or just set up the testing and rely on the results? This is very important as relative humidity and temperature can affect the analysis given.
6) Will we find the source in the round of testing? The answer which you may not like is sometimes no. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. Your assessor should be honest and upfront about this so that you can trust them in the long haul.
7) How long will it take to get the results back and will you explain them to me?
8) What will we do if we cannot find the source of the odor on the first set of testing? What are my other options, and what is the cost? Again, odors are tricky, and while it is very likely that the test will identify the source the first time, this is not always possible.
9) Will you go over multiple options to get rid of the odor when it is found? While sometimes there is only one option, there are often many more that can fit a homeowner's specific budget.
10) Why do I smell it, and others don't? This is 99% of the odor calls we receive, and your assessor should be able to explain the complexities of odor perception to help put your mind at ease.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing Company Near Me Is The Mold Girl!
You have finally had it, and it is time to get to the bottom of that pesky odor. We at The Mold Girl pride ourselves in not only our years of experience in the field of odor investigation but the technology and education we provide to each and every client on each and every job. We will assist you during every step of the process to not only help understand what is causing the odor but how to for once and all get rid of it once the labs have been returned.