Odor Inspection & Testing In Orangeburg, SC
Is your home smelling a tad less than fresh at the moment? Don't worry; we are here to help. It is a common saying in the indoor air quality world that "your home should not smell like apple pie unless you just finished backing one, and if it smells any different than nothing, something is wrong." From good odors to bad odors, the fact of the matter is that a home with optimal indoor air quality should smell like virtually NOTHING. If you are smelling something in your home than that, it is most likely what we call a VOC or MVOC, which are fancy terms for a product emitting compounds due to indoor conditions. While some VOC's have little to no effect on the indoor air quality, others can genuinely affect the air you breathe and indicate a more significant hidden issue. If you are a homeowner that is noticing something just doesn't smell right; it is better to get it inspected and tested as this may just prevent exposure and prolonged damage from a potential issue.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Orangeburg, SC Are Called
1) A recent water damage occurred in your home, and you immediately dried all but are now noticing a "musty odor in the area". You have checked everything, and there is no visible mold present.
2) An addition or renovation was completed, and now a "new smell" has come with your "new space."
3) A particular room or area in your home smells different than all of the other rooms. You have tried to close the door and ignore, but it is simply not helping.
4) A homeowner or tenant is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as fatigue or eye and nose irritation.
5) A homeowner suspects fungal growth in the home as there is a musty odor"; however, no water damage or mold can be found.
6) The HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time and wow, you notice a new odor. Your system has been serviced; however, something still is not right.
7) A fire damage occurred in your home some time ago, and every so often, you notice a faint smell of it. You are wondering if all was cleaned properly.
8) A relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions requiring a clean space or, perhaps, they are chemically sensitive.
10) You have a rental home or space that is not used often, however, when you go in it for the first time, you notice a "musty odor" that is not simply due to the age of the home.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Orangeburg, SC Are Called Company In Orangeburg, SC
1) Any testing should come with a thorough inspection of the property making "Do you assess the property during the testing?" our number one question. Without an assessment, the testing will give answers pointing in no real direction.
2) What type of odor testing do you use, and will you interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to cover certifications and years of experience in the field. A good inspector will not only be happy to answer these questions, but glad you did.
4) What do we do once we have the results of the testing? Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor.
5) Will all surrounding areas of the "problem area" be inspected, or are you limiting your inspection to the direct area? This is very important in odor inspection as often the odor presents itself in an opposite place than where it originates.
6) What if we do not find the cause with the first round of testing? A good inspector should be able to answer this and NOT be willing to assure you 100% that the source will be detected on the first inspection. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of.
7) What is the turnaround time for the lab results?
8) If the odor source is confirmed, does the inspector have a company or companies they can refer to do the work? Often the assessor will be able to put you in touch with multiple companies that have completed the same scope of work on previous occasions.
9) Will you provide us with more than one option for remediation should the source of the odor be found? Often there are multiple ways to rid a home of an odor depending on the source. Knowing this is helpful to most homeowners so they do not feel "stuck in a box" with only one solution that may or may not fit their budget.
10) Please tell me I am not crazy? While this may seem silly, odors often do make people feel like they are losing it. When asking your assessor this, they should be able to put you at ease by explaining the psychology and different environmental factors that influence how odors and smells are perceived.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing Company Near Me Is !
You have finally had it, and it is time to get to the bottom of that pesky odor. We at pride ourselves in not only our years of experience in the field of odor investigation but the technology and education we provide to each and every client on each and every job. We will assist you during every step of the process to not only help understand what is causing the odor but how to for once and all get rid of it once the labs have been returned.