Odor Inspection & Testing In North, SC
Is your home smelling a tad less than fresh at the moment? Don't worry; we are here to help. It is a common saying in the indoor air quality world that "your home should not smell like apple pie unless you just finished backing one, and if it smells any different than nothing, something is wrong." From good odors to bad odors, the fact of the matter is that a home with optimal indoor air quality should smell like virtually NOTHING. If you are smelling something in your home than that, it is most likely what we call a VOC or MVOC, which are fancy terms for a product emitting compounds due to indoor conditions. While some VOC's have little to no effect on the indoor air quality, others can genuinely affect the air you breathe and indicate a more significant hidden issue. If you are a homeowner that is noticing something just doesn't smell right; it is better to get it inspected and tested as this may just prevent exposure and prolonged damage from a potential issue.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In North, SC Are Called
1) A recent water damage occurred in your home, and you immediately dried all but are now noticing a "musty odor in the area". You have checked everything, and there is no visible mold present.
2) An addition or renovation was completed, and now a "new smell" has come with your "new space."
3) A particular room or area in your home smells different than all of the other rooms. You have tried to close the door and ignore, but it is simply not helping.
4) A homeowner or tenant is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as fatigue or eye and nose irritation.
5) A homeowner suspects fungal growth in the home as there is a musty odor"; however, no water damage or mold can be found.
6) The HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time and wow, you notice a new odor. Your system has been serviced; however, something still is not right.
7) A fire damage occurred in your home some time ago, and every so often, you notice a faint smell of it. You are wondering if all was cleaned properly.
8) A relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions requiring a clean space or, perhaps, they are chemically sensitive.
10) You have a rental home or space that is not used often, however, when you go in it for the first time, you notice a "musty odor" that is not simply due to the age of the home.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In North, SC Are Called Company In North, SC
1) "Do you assess the property during the testing?" is our tope question that a homeowner should be asking. Along with the testing, the affected and surrounding areas should be checked from top to bottom, making a note of conditions and materials.
2) What specific type of testing media will they use, and will they interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to have your inspector supply certifications and years of experience testing odors. Odors are a difficult thing to test for, and the more experience your assessor has, the better they will be able to assist you.
4) Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor once it has been identified when the labs come in? This is very important as the results are no good without knowing what to do with them.
5) Do I need to do anything before the testing takes place, such as close windows and doors or unplug air fresheners? You would be surprised at how many people forget that they have tried to mask the odor, and this can through off lab results.
6) Is there a possibility that we will not find the source in the first round of testing? Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. While it is not very often, some times, testing has to be completed one or two times or the methodology has to be changed to get accurate results.
7) When will we receive the lab results, and how will we receive them? Often test results for odors can take multiple days for the results.
8) Once the odor source is found, does the assessor have a company or companies they can refer to fix the issue?
9) Once the source is found, will there be more than one option to fix it? Often the answer is YES, and you want to make sure that you have all of the options.
10) Why can I smell the odor, and others don't? This is the question that often drives homeowners crazy as they feel like they are the only ones. The assessor should be able to explain that everyone has different olfactory glands, and while some people are driven INSANE with an odor, others simply will not notice it.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing CompanyNear Me Is !
maintains a reputation for integrity and transparency in our odor inspections. With years of experience in helping homeowners just like you, you can rest easy knowing that we will use the latest technology, the best care, and the most thorough procedures in the industry on each and every job. Our job starts the minute we answer the phone and does not end until we have helped you reach your desired goals. Our certifications for both our assessors and laboratories are only the first step in assuring customer satisfaction.