Odor Inspection & Testing In Myrtle Beach, SC
Is your home smelling a tad less than fresh at the moment? Don't worry; we are here to help. It is a common saying in the indoor air quality world that "your home should not smell like apple pie unless you just finished backing one, and if it smells any different than nothing, something is wrong." From good odors to bad odors, the fact of the matter is that a home with optimal indoor air quality should smell like virtually NOTHING. If you are smelling something in your home than that, it is most likely what we call a VOC or MVOC, which are fancy terms for a product emitting compounds due to indoor conditions. While some VOC's have little to no effect on the indoor air quality, others can genuinely affect the air you breathe and indicate a more significant hidden issue. If you are a homeowner that is noticing something just doesn't smell right; it is better to get it inspected and tested as this may just prevent exposure and prolonged damage from a potential issue.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Myrtle Beach, SC Are Called
1) There was recent water damage, and you think you cleaned it up and dried everything; however, you are now noticing a funny smell coming from the affected area.
2) You recently moved into a home and have noticed that what you thought was the "new home smell" does not seem to be going away or is adversely affecting your health.
3) An addition was placed on the home, and new products such as flooring and insulation were used that have caused an odor that seems to linger.
4) You notice that one room has a different smell than the other rooms in the house, and keeping the door shut is not working anymore.
5) There was fire damage in your home, which was successfully cleaned; however, during hot months, you notice the smell return.
6) You notice an odor coming from under your home that was not present before.
7) On hot days a homeowner may notice an odor that comes and goes with the higher temperatures. This is likely caused by a product reaching the desired indoor condition causing it to off-gas.
8) You do not smell anything per se; however, you notice symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue when you enter a room or specif area of the home.
9) A relative or friend comes to visit and notices a funny smell in the room that they are staying in. You never used us it except for when company comes over and find that yes, it does smell odd.
10) A technician has already come over and confirmed that there is not a gas leak; however, the odor will not go away. You know something is not right.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Myrtle Beach, SC Are Called Company In Myrtle Beach, SC
1) Any testing should come with a thorough inspection of the property making "Do you assess the property during the testing?" our number one question. Without an assessment, the testing will give answers pointing in no real direction.
2) What type of odor testing do you use, and will you interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to cover certifications and years of experience in the field. A good inspector will not only be happy to answer these questions, but glad you did.
4) What do we do once we have the results of the testing? Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor.
5) Will all surrounding areas of the "problem area" be inspected, or are you limiting your inspection to the direct area? This is very important in odor inspection as often the odor presents itself in an opposite place than where it originates.
6) What if we do not find the cause with the first round of testing? A good inspector should be able to answer this and NOT be willing to assure you 100% that the source will be detected on the first inspection. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of.
7) What is the turnaround time for the lab results?
8) If the odor source is confirmed, does the inspector have a company or companies they can refer to do the work? Often the assessor will be able to put you in touch with multiple companies that have completed the same scope of work on previous occasions.
9) Will you provide us with more than one option for remediation should the source of the odor be found? Often there are multiple ways to rid a home of an odor depending on the source. Knowing this is helpful to most homeowners so they do not feel "stuck in a box" with only one solution that may or may not fit their budget.
10) Please tell me I am not crazy? While this may seem silly, odors often do make people feel like they are losing it. When asking your assessor this, they should be able to put you at ease by explaining the psychology and different environmental factors that influence how odors and smells are perceived.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing CompanyNear Me Is !
maintains a reputation for integrity and transparency in our odor inspections. With years of experience in helping homeowners just like you, you can rest easy knowing that we will use the latest technology, the best care, and the most thorough procedures in the industry on each and every job. Our job starts the minute we answer the phone and does not end until we have helped you reach your desired goals. Our certifications for both our assessors and laboratories are only the first step in assuring customer satisfaction.