Odor Inspection & Testing In Loris, SC
What is that smell? Are you driving yourself crazy with an odor in your home that simply will not go away? If this sounds like you, please know that while you may feel like you are going crazy, chances are you are not, and we are here to help. Most odors come from what is known as VOC's or volatile organic compounds. They are the smell you notice when you paint a room or light a candle and can be identified through a series of tests for specific chemical compounds. You may now be saying well paint, and candles are easy to identify, but what I am experiencing is a low-level odor that is sometimes present, and then all of a sudden disappears. Don't worry; we understand that an odor is sometimes just like a doctor's visit in that as soon as we arrive, the issue is no longer present. Rest assure that if testing is completed correctly, then it will still pick up the compounds that are lingering in the air even if the odor is not present.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Loris, SC Are Called
1) Construction was completed on a home, or a renovation is now done, and the "new home smell" does not appear to be going away.
2) One area of your home smells markedly different than all of the other areas.
3) A homeowner is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as headaches or throat irritation.
4) A homeowner suspects mold growth in the home as there is a "damp and musty smell"; however, no visible fungal growth is present.
6) It is that time of year again when the HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time, and a homeowner notices an awful smell from their ductwork.
7) A homeowner notices a smell in their home that they simply cannot find a cause of or any visible clues. Nothing new has come in the house, and no new event triggered the odor.
8) A vehicle has an odor that never went away and is driving you crazy. You have sniffed every piece of carpeting in the car but cannot find an explanation.
9) A new baby is coming home or a relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions that require a clean space.
10) You recently moved into a home with an odor that no amount of cleaning can get rid of.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Loris, SC Are Called Company In Loris, SC
1) Will you be only inspecting the area of the odor, or will you check the rest of the home as well? This is an important question as often; the source of the odor is not located where you smell it the most.
2) What specific testing do you use, and how much does it test for? This is very important, and the assessor should ask you what type of odor you smell before even answering.
3) What certifications do you hold, and is the lab you use certified? Your accessor should be more than willing to answer these questions for you and even talk about one or more of the projects they have recently worked on.
4) What do we do once we have the results? Once the results are in, you should not be merely handed them. All information should be put together in a report for the homeowner identifying the source and developing a plan to remove the odor or "remediate it."
5) Do you check other environmental conditions in the home or just set up the testing and rely on the results? This is very important as relative humidity and temperature can affect the analysis given.
6) Will we find the source in the round of testing? The answer which you may not like is sometimes no. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. Your assessor should be honest and upfront about this so that you can trust them in the long haul.
7) How long will it take to get the results back and will you explain them to me?
8) What will we do if we cannot find the source of the odor on the first set of testing? What are my other options, and what is the cost? Again, odors are tricky, and while it is very likely that the test will identify the source the first time, this is not always possible.
9) Will you go over multiple options to get rid of the odor when it is found? While sometimes there is only one option, there are often many more that can fit a homeowner's specific budget.
10) Why do I smell it, and others don't? This is 99% of the odor calls we receive, and your assessor should be able to explain the complexities of odor perception to help put your mind at ease.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing CompanyNear Me Is !
maintains a reputation for integrity and transparency in our odor inspections. With years of experience in helping homeowners just like you, you can rest easy knowing that we will use the latest technology, the best care, and the most thorough procedures in the industry on each and every job. Our job starts the minute we answer the phone and does not end until we have helped you reach your desired goals. Our certifications for both our assessors and laboratories are only the first step in assuring customer satisfaction.