Odor Inspection & Testing In Livingston, SC
What is that smell? Are you driving yourself crazy with an odor in your home that simply will not go away? If this sounds like you, please know that while you may feel like you are going crazy, chances are you are not, and we are here to help. Most odors come from what is known as VOC's or volatile organic compounds. They are the smell you notice when you paint a room or light a candle and can be identified through a series of tests for specific chemical compounds. You may now be saying well paint, and candles are easy to identify, but what I am experiencing is a low-level odor that is sometimes present, and then all of a sudden disappears. Don't worry; we understand that an odor is sometimes just like a doctor's visit in that as soon as we arrive, the issue is no longer present. Rest assure that if testing is completed correctly, then it will still pick up the compounds that are lingering in the air even if the odor is not present.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Livingston, SC Are Called
1) Construction was completed on a home, or a renovation is now done, and the "new home smell" does not appear to be going away.
2) One area of your home smells markedly different than all of the other areas.
3) A homeowner is sensitive to chemicals and noticing symptoms such as headaches or throat irritation.
4) A homeowner suspects mold growth in the home as there is a "damp and musty smell"; however, no visible fungal growth is present.
6) It is that time of year again when the HVAC is either turned on Heat or Cool for the first time, and a homeowner notices an awful smell from their ductwork.
7) A homeowner notices a smell in their home that they simply cannot find a cause of or any visible clues. Nothing new has come in the house, and no new event triggered the odor.
8) A vehicle has an odor that never went away and is driving you crazy. You have sniffed every piece of carpeting in the car but cannot find an explanation.
9) A new baby is coming home or a relative is joining the family and has pre-existing health conditions that require a clean space.
10) You recently moved into a home with an odor that no amount of cleaning can get rid of.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Livingston, SC Are Called Company In Livingston, SC
1) "Do you assess the property during the testing?" is our tope question that a homeowner should be asking. Along with the testing, the affected and surrounding areas should be checked from top to bottom, making a note of conditions and materials.
2) What specific type of testing media will they use, and will they interpret the results for us when they come back?
3) Make sure to have your inspector supply certifications and years of experience testing odors. Odors are a difficult thing to test for, and the more experience your assessor has, the better they will be able to assist you.
4) Will you help us determine a plan of action to remediate the odor once it has been identified when the labs come in? This is very important as the results are no good without knowing what to do with them.
5) Do I need to do anything before the testing takes place, such as close windows and doors or unplug air fresheners? You would be surprised at how many people forget that they have tried to mask the odor, and this can through off lab results.
6) Is there a possibility that we will not find the source in the first round of testing? Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. While it is not very often, some times, testing has to be completed one or two times or the methodology has to be changed to get accurate results.
7) When will we receive the lab results, and how will we receive them? Often test results for odors can take multiple days for the results.
8) Once the odor source is found, does the assessor have a company or companies they can refer to fix the issue?
9) Once the source is found, will there be more than one option to fix it? Often the answer is YES, and you want to make sure that you have all of the options.
10) Why can I smell the odor, and others don't? This is the question that often drives homeowners crazy as they feel like they are the only ones. The assessor should be able to explain that everyone has different olfactory glands, and while some people are driven INSANE with an odor, others simply will not notice it.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing Company Near Me Is !
If an odor has been driving you crazy for some time and you finally have had enough of it, you want to make sure that the company you call is qualified to address your concerns properly. We at pride ourselves in not only our years of experience in the field of odor investigation but the technology and education we provide on each and every job. We at start every job with a thorough questionnaire and never leave until every question has been answered, the source uncovered, and a plan of remediation has been outlined.