Odor Inspection & Testing In Eutawville, SC
Is your home smelling a tad less than fresh at the moment? Don't worry; we are here to help. It is a common saying in the indoor air quality world that "your home should not smell like apple pie unless you just finished backing one, and if it smells any different than nothing, something is wrong." From good odors to bad odors, the fact of the matter is that a home with optimal indoor air quality should smell like virtually NOTHING. If you are smelling something in your home than that, it is most likely what we call a VOC or MVOC, which are fancy terms for a product emitting compounds due to indoor conditions. While some VOC's have little to no effect on the indoor air quality, others can genuinely affect the air you breathe and indicate a more significant hidden issue. If you are a homeowner that is noticing something just doesn't smell right; it is better to get it inspected and tested as this may just prevent exposure and prolonged damage from a potential issue.
Top 10 Reasons Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Eutawville, SC Are Called
1) There was recent water damage, and you think you cleaned it up and dried everything; however, you are now noticing a funny smell coming from the affected area.
2) You recently moved into a home and have noticed that what you thought was the "new home smell" does not seem to be going away or is adversely affecting your health.
3) An addition was placed on the home, and new products such as flooring and insulation were used that have caused an odor that seems to linger.
4) You notice that one room has a different smell than the other rooms in the house, and keeping the door shut is not working anymore.
5) There was fire damage in your home, which was successfully cleaned; however, during hot months, you notice the smell return.
6) You notice an odor coming from under your home that was not present before.
7) On hot days a homeowner may notice an odor that comes and goes with the higher temperatures. This is likely caused by a product reaching the desired indoor condition causing it to off-gas.
8) You do not smell anything per se; however, you notice symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue when you enter a room or specif area of the home.
9) A relative or friend comes to visit and notices a funny smell in the room that they are staying in. You never used us it except for when company comes over and find that yes, it does smell odd.
10) A technician has already come over and confirmed that there is not a gas leak; however, the odor will not go away. You know something is not right.
Questions To Ask Odor Inspection & Testing Companies In Eutawville, SC Are Called Company In Eutawville, SC
1) Will you be only inspecting the area of the odor, or will you check the rest of the home as well? This is an important question as often; the source of the odor is not located where you smell it the most.
2) What specific testing do you use, and how much does it test for? This is very important, and the assessor should ask you what type of odor you smell before even answering.
3) What certifications do you hold, and is the lab you use certified? Your accessor should be more than willing to answer these questions for you and even talk about one or more of the projects they have recently worked on.
4) What do we do once we have the results? Once the results are in, you should not be merely handed them. All information should be put together in a report for the homeowner identifying the source and developing a plan to remove the odor or "remediate it."
5) Do you check other environmental conditions in the home or just set up the testing and rely on the results? This is very important as relative humidity and temperature can affect the analysis given.
6) Will we find the source in the round of testing? The answer which you may not like is sometimes no. Odors are tricky and can take time to find the source of. Your assessor should be honest and upfront about this so that you can trust them in the long haul.
7) How long will it take to get the results back and will you explain them to me?
8) What will we do if we cannot find the source of the odor on the first set of testing? What are my other options, and what is the cost? Again, odors are tricky, and while it is very likely that the test will identify the source the first time, this is not always possible.
9) Will you go over multiple options to get rid of the odor when it is found? While sometimes there is only one option, there are often many more that can fit a homeowner's specific budget.
10) Why do I smell it, and others don't? This is 99% of the odor calls we receive, and your assessor should be able to explain the complexities of odor perception to help put your mind at ease.
The Best Odor Inspection & Testing Company Near Me Is !
If an odor has been driving you crazy for some time and you finally have had enough of it, you want to make sure that the company you call is qualified to address your concerns properly. We at pride ourselves in not only our years of experience in the field of odor investigation but the technology and education we provide on each and every job. We at start every job with a thorough questionnaire and never leave until every question has been answered, the source uncovered, and a plan of remediation has been outlined.