Home Inspector In Seabrook Island vs Indoor Environmental Inspector Seabrook Island
Scope of Work
Home inspectors will evaluate a home to identify any "material defects" present in the structure. Specifically, they are to evaluate:
- the roof system of the house,
- the attic,
- all other parts of the exterior of the home including drainage,
- the operation and condition of the fireplace,
- the electrical, plumbing, and heating/cooling systems,
- the foundation of the house,
- the basement or crawlspace,
- and the operation of doors and windows through random sampling.
Their inspection will be non-invasive. A written report will be issued, noting any material defects in the house.
Indoor Environmental Inspector:
Scope of Work
The Indoor Environmental Professional or Inspector will evaluate the property's environmental state, including its contents. They will:
- create a sampling strategy for fungal conditions,
- take samples,
- interpret the data coming back from the laboratory,
- and if any remediation work is necessary, to write the scope of work.
Where Home Inspections In Seabrook Island, SC Fall Short Finding Major Indoor Environmental Issues
Examining the standards for home inspectors issued by the International Association of Home Inspectors will reveal that there are many exclusions to their work. Some of these involve the air quality present in the home. Exclusion Section 2.2 states that the home inspector will not assess:
- "the presence of mold, mildew, or fungus,
- the presence of airborne hazards, including radon,
- air quality,
- the existence of environmental hazards, including lead paint, asbestos, or toxic drywall."
Thus you should not expect the home inspector to evaluate for any of these issues. And you probably don't want them to as the Indoor Environmental Inspector has very industry-specific certification requirements.
What Is The Typical Cost For Home Inspection Services In Seabrook Island, SC
There are many types of specialized home inspections: air quality, radon, termite, water quality, or fireplace inspections that the buyer may require or desire. Other specialists would conduct these tests at additional costs. The average cost for the standard home inspection for a 2,000 square foot house is around $400.00. A larger home will cost more and a smaller house - possibly - less. The area of the country and condition of the residence might prove to be other mitigating factors in cost.
What Is The Typical Cost For Environmental Inspection Services In Seabrook Island, SC
Environmental Inspection Services for possible mold are usually the least costly. They should average about $300 or $400 for a typical sized home. Asbestos will be around $775.00 for the inspection with three samples of the same material for a 2,000 square foot house. The state regulates how many samples are taken for asbestos. Testing for VOC's can cost more even more, again depending on how many materials are sampled and the size of the home. The Inspector will be able to advise you of their costs and scope of work.